Truefood Rolled Oats are NON-GMO and have a low glycaemic index (LOW-GI), which helps to regulate blood sugar levels, and are also a good source of dietary fibre. Furthermore, they provide Iron, B-vitamins and protein. Rolled oats are a must for any diet especially for those who follow vegan and vegetarian diets.
Rolled oats are the healthier alternative to most processed cereals and make a delicious wholesome breakfast that provides sustained energy throughout the day.
Rolled oats are;
- Rich in manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidant
- High in Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus that are crucial for healthy bones and teeth
- Rich in zinc that boosts immunity and aids in healing wounds
- High in Selenium that boosts the immunity and acts as an antioxidant
- Rich in Phosphorous that detoxes the body and maintains bone and dental health
- Place whole rolled oats in a saucepan and pour enough water to cover the oats (1 cm above the oats).
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- Rolled oats do not boil over when cooking.
Cooking tip: 1 cup (250ml) rolled oats makes 21/3 cups (580ml) cooked oats. One serving is usually ½ (125ml) cooked oats.