One of the latest supplement ranges on the market is amino-based products which are combined with pre-workout ingredients. Yes, you may be thinking but my pre-workout already contains amino acids so what is the difference? The main difference between these products is that amino-based pre-workouts mainly focus on and comprise of amino acids and as a secondary kick, they often have some energy and NO boosting effects. While most pre-workouts focus on promoting energy, mental focus, endurance and muscle pumps, these concentrate on feeding your muscle during your workouts. That is why they can be consumed pre and intra-workout. Nutritech’s Amino PRE contains a blend of BCAAs, EAAs and an NO complex which delivers 10-15g of muscle-building energy.

 

BCAAS

BCAAs consist of Leucine, Iso-leucine and Valine. These three amino acids help to promote muscle protein synthesis and increases in muscle size over time. They have also been shown to  prevent fatigue and increase energy. Leucine plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis while iso-leucine encourages the uptake of glucose into cells.

EEAS

Essential amino acids, or EEAs, need to be ingested via food or supplements as our bodies cannot produce them on their own. If you do not consume an adequate amount of EEAs in your diet, proteins break down which may result in muscle loss and problems with repair. Nutritech’s Amino PRE contains the following EEAs.


NO COMPLEX

The nitric oxide complex in this formulation helps not only to create muscle pump (L-arginine L-citrulline) through vasodilation in order to drive an increased flow of nutrients to the muscle being worked, but also to ward off the build-up of lactic acid (beta-alanine) so that you can train harder and for longer.

So what did we think about the product?

AMINO PRE TASTE = 8.5/10

The taste wasn’t bad considering it is a BCAA product which is normally bitter / chemically. I tasted the grape flavour which was very similar to most grape-flavoured products on the market. So if you are a grape fan, you can be sure that you will enjoy this. If you aren’t, don’t worry because this product also comes in Artic Blast and their soon-to-be-released Tropical Rain.

AMINO PRE ENERGY = 8/10

With the energy-producing ability of BCAAs and the dose of caffeine this product really did deliver an energy boost which sustained my rather intense training sessions. For the larger gents (85kgs and up), I would suggest sticking to the pre-workout dose of 3 scoops, 4 if need be but then you are really getting in a large amount of amino acids.

AMINO PRE FOCUS = 7.5/10

I used the product as a pre-workout for a full two weeks (10 training sessions) in order to see if I was able to stay focussed on ALL of my workouts. It is very difficult to judge on when using it just once or twice. That being said, I would say I had a good focus about 75% of the time and the other 25% was a moderate focus. I had no really bad sessions, even after a long days’ work at the office.

AMINO PRE PUMP = 8/10

The pump from this product was not as intense as a full blown pre-workout supplement, but that isn’t this products main objective. If you love to chase the pump, rather opt for  Nutritech’s Vaso NO3.

AMINO PRE OVERALL = 9.6/10

As with all Nutritech products, you get a very decent product at a good price. All in all the product was definitely worth a try and does exactly what it is designed to do. If this is product that fits in with your training needs, then I definitely suggest getting yourself a tub.


Nutritech Amino Pre

NUTRITECH AMINO PRE is formulated with a unique blend of Essential Amino Acids, Branched Chain Amino Acids, Electrolytes, Beta-Alanine and Caffeine.








 



Older Post Newer Post